USS Basilone DD/DDE824 Forum Index USS Basilone DD/DDE824
The Official Site of the USS Basilone

SEATTLE SALMON DERBY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    USS Basilone DD/DDE824 Forum Index -> Lies and Tall Tales (i.e. Fishing)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Goodspeed
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject: SEATTLE SALMON DERBY Reply with quote Back to top

The interest shown in fishing on this website has resulted in my setting a goal for the future with my shipmates. I have always been a goal oriented person and I have several goals in life. Add to those goals the following: I Resolve to organize a Seattle Salmon Derby for my shipmates.

While traveling in the Canadian Maritime Provinces after the 2003 Buffalo, NY Reunion, I learned that the Atlantic fishery is all but devoid of "wild salmon" and that most commercial salmon sold in the eastern US are farm fish.

Scuttlebutt has it that a team of hosts is forming and Seattle, WA will be proposed as a site for the 2007 USS Basilone Reunion host city. If the crew votes to hold their reunion in Seattle, I will organize a salmon derby to give all those interested a chance to experience "fish on " with a 30-70 pound wild Pacific King Salmon.

Now that's a goal worth planning for. Let me hear from you if this prospect sets you to dreaming........................................Jim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    USS Basilone DD/DDE824 Forum Index -> Lies and Tall Tales (i.e. Fishing) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: