USS Basilone DD/DDE824 Forum Index USS Basilone DD/DDE824
The Official Site of the USS Basilone

2016 Reunion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    USS Basilone DD/DDE824 Forum Index -> Reunion Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philip E Poplaski
Association President

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject: 2016 Reunion Reply with quote Back to top

I talked with Rick Papesca, our host for the reunion in Wilmington, NC next year. As of right now he has narrowed down the dates for the reunion to the last week in September or the first 2 weeks in October. Rick or I will keep you updated as to which dates are chosen for the reunion.

Jim Goodspeed
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reunion Dates Preference Reply with quote Back to top

Richard and Phil:

If my two cents count, i would prefer the first week of October......Jim

Chris
Ships Store Keeper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would prefer the second week of Oct... personally
If a day goes by that you have not learned something, you have wasted that day!

Jim Goodspeed
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject: Second week Reply with quote Back to top

The second. week of October is OK......Jim

Jim Goodspeed
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject: Second week Reply with quote Back to top

The second. week of October is OK......Jim

Jim Goodspeed
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:07 am    Post subject: COORDINATING OUR BUCKET LIST TRAVEL WITH REUNION Reply with quote Back to top

Dee and i are headed for New Orleans and will cruise the entire length of the Mississippi River (New Orleans to Minneapolis) on the American Queen showboat, September 3 - 23, 2015. This is one of our Bucket List items. Our rig will be staged in Slidell, Lousiana at the Elks Lodge awaiting our return after the cruise, by rail.

We are hoping that reunion will be scheduled in October to allow us to continue on to Wilmington, NC. Getting our personal travel and reunion to work out is great fun.

Since we bought our Winnebago Adventurer in 2006, it has been to Gettysburg, Seattle, Santa Fe and soon Wilmington.

We have been retired for 17 years and have crossed some very exciting items off our Bucket List.........Alaska, the Canadian Maritime Provinces, Florida and the Keyes, New England, 131 National Parks and Monuments, the Oregon Trail, the Santa Fe Trail, the Natchez Trace, the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Trans-Canada Highway, the California Trail, 7 Canadian Provincial Parks, the Arctic Circle, the Lewis and Clark Trail and a visit to 49 of the 50 states. Motor home travel to Hawaii is a challenge. We have worn out three RVs, but we are still going. Tomorrow we are going to an RV show looking for our next rig..........Life is Good.

Dee and Jim Goodspeed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    USS Basilone DD/DDE824 Forum Index -> Reunion Archives All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: