USS Basilone DD/DDE824 Forum Index USS Basilone DD/DDE824
The Official Site of the USS Basilone

True Grit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    USS Basilone DD/DDE824 Forum Index -> Critics Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject: True Grit Reply with quote Back to top

This version of True Grit made more in line with book, some scenes re-creat from orginal but this movie, fast moving, no slow moments, keeps your attention.

I had not been to an indoor movie house in years...Cell Phones drove me out but I was amazed none, yesterday. This may be out of respect for first True Grit with John Wayne...when you think how many years John has been dead..this movie, certaintly has leggs.

I went to 1105am showing.

I would thought those who watched True Grit would be of my age, wrong..all ages, but laughter was great.

If you have time and $6.50 money well spent!!!

Bear64
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: True Grit Reply with quote Back to top

Charlie wrote:
This version of True Grit made more in line with book, some scenes re-creat from orginal but this movie, fast moving, no slow moments, keeps your attention.

I had not been to an indoor movie house in years...Cell Phones drove me out but I was amazed none, yesterday. This may be out of respect for first True Grit with John Wayne...when you think how many years John has been dead..this movie, certaintly has leggs.

I went to 1105am showing.

I would thought those who watched True Grit would be of my age, wrong..all ages, but laughter was great.

If you have time and $6.50 money well spent!!!

as soon as the daughter and granddaughter go home, to Fl. wife and I are going to go see it..as a cowboy shooter I dearly love good westerns, you would be surprised how many good ones were made back in the 40s and 50s, true, black and white but still pretty good.
Admit Nothing, Deny Everything

Jim Elliott
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

John was in his 60's & ill when he made those movies...True Grit 69 and Rooster Coggburn 75...
He was dying when he made the Shootist 1976...
Bridges is what 60? 62? and in fine health?

I love a good Western

Open Range is one of the newer ones I like - and Silverado is in the top ten!
A good One to watch is Seraphim Falls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    USS Basilone DD/DDE824 Forum Index -> Critics Corner All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: