USS Basilone DD/DDE824 Forum Index USS Basilone DD/DDE824
The Official Site of the USS Basilone

ALASKAN FISHING

Post new topic   Reply to topic    USS Basilone DD/DDE824 Forum Index -> Lies and Tall Tales (i.e. Fishing)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Goodspeed
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: ALASKAN FISHING Reply with quote Back to top

Dateline.....................Valdez, Alaska, 8/14/07

Departed Valdez breakwater on Marty Kay a four packer sport fishing boat. Very nice craft, lots of teak decking and trim, Volvo diesel powered. Trolling with downriggers landed a limit (six wild silver salmon per angler, total of twenty-four fish) in one hour and twenty minutes. Total time at sea two hours. My catch dressed out to thirty-three pounds of fillets. Suzanna, the owner/skipper would make a great wife, but I already have one.............That is all...........................Jim Goodspeed

Charlie
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Alaskan Fishing Reply with quote Back to top

Jim, your post is a tease...but left out most important points?

How, was the flying bugs situation which is common in Alaska?

But, again what happen to the 33 pounds of salmon fillets?

On the married part...today their is a 67 year old Israeli man looking for
his 9th wife? Anything comes to mine, Jim?

Greg Perkins
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was up in that area the week of Sept. 15th on a cruise. I don't recall even one mosquito! I know they have them but suspect they are more prevalent during the "warmer" months...like maybe July?? I saw lots of boats out fishing for salmon. Some were clearly charter types, like maybe 35 footers with half a dozen anglers. But many others were pretty small motorboats on the order of 14-15 feet. They were not in the open ocean but rather, were in the sea channels. And the fishing looked great!

I have a number of employees that head that direction every year fishing even though we get salmon running up the Columbia River right here in town. The limits are better in Alaska and the numbers and quality of fish is phenomenally better!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    USS Basilone DD/DDE824 Forum Index -> Lies and Tall Tales (i.e. Fishing) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: