USS Basilone DD/DDE824 Forum Index USS Basilone DD/DDE824
The Official Site of the USS Basilone

New reunion site for 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    USS Basilone DD/DDE824 Forum Index -> Reunion Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philip E Poplaski
Association President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: New reunion site for 2012 Reply with quote Back to top

The new reunion site will be Syracuse, New York. The specific dates are not set yet but it will be in August sometime. When the date gets firmed up I'll let you know. I do know that one tour will be the Baseball Hall of Fame. Caroline say that she would still like to do Gettysburg but in 2013. So does anyone want to step up for 2014?

Rick Papesca
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reunion Info 2012 Reply with quote Back to top

Phil,

Food for thought; Sampson State Park is approximately 52/60 miles from Syracuse, it is a great historical site since it housed Air Force, Navy and Army boot camps there at one time or another and I just read they have dedicated a Veteran's Cemetary recently. There is a great museum and some really good trivia about the training that occured at the facilities. There is even a periscope there that was built in the labs on the lake and tested for our attack subs.

Rick
8/68-4/70

Philip E Poplaski
Association President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well Rich Sampson and Fort Oswego are the 2 places I'm thinking of having the memorial service at. But the hotel comes first and I'm working on that.

Rick Papesca
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: 2012 Reunion Reply with quote Back to top

Phil,

If I can assist in any way please let me know, Syracuse is only three hours away and we visit Joann's family regularly.

Rick
8/68-4/70

Post new topic   Reply to topic    USS Basilone DD/DDE824 Forum Index -> Reunion Archives All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: