USS Basilone DD/DDE824 Forum Index USS Basilone DD/DDE824
The Official Site of the USS Basilone

Celebrities Deaths!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    USS Basilone DD/DDE824 Forum Index -> Charlie's Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: Celebrities Deaths!!! Reply with quote Back to top

Breitbart reporting this morning on Barbara Orbison's death at age 60 in Los Angeles...

Barbara's was her husband manager who died in 1988 and co-produced four CD box sets plus 12 previously unleased tracks.

Last year Barbara accepted on her husband behalf Star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame.

Charlie
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Harry Morgan dies at 96.. Reply with quote Back to top

Today we learned death of Charcter Actor Harry Morgan, M A S H 9 other TV series, fifty films and the Broadway stage at age 96.

This actor will be remembered for so many years providing so much joy to Americans, suspecting his influence all over world...

Sad day!!!

Ken Hummel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Many funny moments watching Col. Potter on MASH taking Radar under his wing. Dragnet was the other one where they always got their man. The sad thing about all of this Charlie is that it is showing our age, and thank god for re-runs.

About 6 months ago I was watching PBS and they were telling the times of Roy Orbison and his music. I new the woman was his wife on the special, but he must have married her very young, because I thought at first it was his daughter. Sad to hear of her passing at such a young age.

Charlie
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Roy Orbison Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, living in these times really makes you aware celebrities beginning in our youth, Rickie Nelson, Pat Boone, etc...

Showing our age, you bet, I worked everyday getting to this ripe ole age, proud of it...

Going to Google, looking up Roy Orbison bio...he survived so many disappointments in his life, but happy, I expect at his death...

Pretty Woman with Julia Roberts, a classic...

I watch Cowboys and Alians other night...Harrison Ford gets it done, for sure...

I had mis-giving of posting again on my site but will continue with celebrities deaths...

Charlie
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:17 am    Post subject: Captain America Reply with quote Back to top

This morning Goggle reporting Joe Simon 98 died after a brief illness in New York City.

Reporting onboard USS Hamul AD20 in Long Beach 1960, as a 17 year old sailor discovering a life which would sustained me until today, but Joe's death was beginning reading "Comic Books"...in my childhood no knowlege of this new and exciting where you could get into world of "make believe" comic books were laying all over ship, but I was hooked.

March 1941, Joe Simon and Jack Kirby created a "Superhero" Captain America, recently movie on this Superhero stirred again our ability to get away from everyday drugery, wow

God Bless you Joe...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    USS Basilone DD/DDE824 Forum Index -> Charlie's Corner All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: