USS Basilone DD/DDE824 Forum Index USS Basilone DD/DDE824
The Official Site of the USS Basilone

Does anyone remember from the world cruise?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    USS Basilone DD/DDE824 Forum Index -> Sea Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Hummel

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Does anyone remember from the world cruise? Reply with quote Back to top

I need to know if any of you who were on the world cruise when we first stopped in Subic before we went to Nam, if that wooden crate that was sitting on the pier at the end of the gangplank was marked with Agent Orange?

I remember this, maybe someone has picture of it, but I sure recall something about it, because I remember shooting my blow gun darts into the crate, and decided I might not shouldn't do that.( Did that like a geese Jim) Need help, check your pics, but then it was Subic, some of us couldn't see the pier let alone the crate..

Later Gang

Jim Elliott
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Its taken me this long to search out prospective answers, to this...
The only person that I know of that "might" have the pictures your looking for is Crowell - he and Satch were B-Div photog's....
I met with Bill last year and he tells me he has all kinds of video and pictures...- I suggest you contact him...I will PM you with his email address tomorrow....
The videos...are all in the stage of dryness that plagues 16 and 8 MM film...so - don't waste time on this - I know I have.
He's got some rare and valuable footage - that if I had the money - I'd have digitized....
Look for the PM...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    USS Basilone DD/DDE824 Forum Index -> Sea Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: